Our cosy, traditional family business lies in the centre of the Salzburg Country and is the ideal starting point for all activities in the Salzburg ski -and mountain region..
- Comfortable rooms
- all with shower or bath and toilett, cable TV with radio (Flat Screen 81cm), telephone, room safe and free W-LAN, mostly with balcony.
- Lift to all floors.
- right in the heart of the city of Schwarzach
- own parking lot
- all-season opened
- family property since 1925
- Lovely original Pongau-styled bar-room.
- snug "Pinewood" lounge and "Post-Stüberl" restaurant - both ideal for private parties.
- sunny terrace
- "Salettl" (for up to 40 guests)
Johann Mayr - Hotel-Manager and owner
since May 1999 in charge for the Hotel's management
Some historical facts
In the year 1900, Josef Egger constructed the main building. Because the local post-office was situated inside, we named it "Gasthof Post".
In 1925, Hans Mayr acquired the guest house and through various conversions, extendet it to a middle-class hotel run as a family business.
With the succession of his son, Gerhard Mayr in 1970, a third floor was added and alterations done to the roof and facade.
Finally, in 1984, the old banqueting hall was demolished and Schwarzach´s local council replaced it with a newer, up-to-date building which fulfilled the appropriate requirements of the present. The Mayrs were in charge of the running and catering side of the new hall.
Johann Mayr took the business over from his father on the 1st of May 1999.
In 2005 he is totally renovating two stories.
In spring of 2007, total renovation of the third floor by Johann Mayr jun. Our house now offers 33 rooms, all with bath or shower and toilet, kabel-TV with radio, telephone, room safe and internet connection - 23 rooms are additionally furnished with a balcony.
In 2009 the local council of Schwarzach and the Hotel Post couldn't find a agreement for the service of the banqueting hall, so the leasehold was ended after 26 years.
In autumn 2009 the historic "Post-Stüberl" was completely renovated and the "Salettl", which has room for up to 40 persons, was built.
In spring 2010 a "Chill-Out-Lounge" was built.